DescriptionEST Group’s GripTight® Elbow Test Plug is a revolutionary new plug designed for testing long radius elbows. Patent-pending dual-serrated GripTight MAX™ grippers give this unique plug design enhanced holding power to 3350 PsiG (231 BarG) – providing a safe and effective solution for pipe spools and piping systems terminating in long radius elbows.
Elbow Test Plug FEATURES & BENEFITS
High Lift Flange Weld Test Plugs for Flange to Pipe JointsDouble Block and Bleed Test / Isolation Plugs EST Group Elbow Test PlugGTLBO plugs are for use in all Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and Alloy pipes with a hardness up to HRC 32. Contact us if Hardness is greater than HRC 32 or if the test pressure exceeds the maximum plug rating or is in excess of 80% of specified minimum yield stress for host pipe tube, or equipment.
- Orientation Free Installation – no need to align with elbow
- Test Pressure – 3350 PsiG (231 BarG) – higher pressures available upon request
- Stocked sizes for NPS ranging from 2” thru 24” (DN50 – DN600), larger sizes built to order
- Patent-pending dual-serrated gripper design
- Fits all long radius elbows (45°, 90°, 180°)
- Easy Installation – No welding or hot work required
- Safe self gripping design uses test pressure to increase holding power
- Save up to 80% in testing time vs. welded-on end cap procedures
- Laser-marked top washer clearly identifies part number, size range, pressure rating, and document number for operating instructions
IDEAL FOR A BROAD RANGE OF MATERIALS
- Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Duplex, Super Duplex, Inconel, Incoloy, Hastelloy, ChroMoly, Clad Elbows, Hardened Materials
- Reliable performance in a wide range of finishes – cast, rolled, extruded, machined, polished, honed, etc.