GripTight High Pressure Test Plug
GripTight High Pressure plugs help Test Open End Pipes, Pipelines, Tubes and Pressure Vessels Quickly & Safely
- I.D. Sealing Version
- Pressures to 14,000 psi (960 Bar)
- Sizes from .93″ to 8.53″ (23.6mm – 216.7mm). For other sizes refer to new design GripTightMax Test Plug
DescriptionGripTight High pressure pipe testing is safer than ever before. Unlike other plugs that can loosen and eject under high pressure – even becoming dangerous projectiles – the GripTight actually uses test pressure to seal more securely against the pipe’s inner diameter. The greater the pressure – the greater the grip! The result is safer installation, better sealing and all around safer testing.
GripTight Test Plug FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Safe: Pressure on plug squeezes grippers tighter; plug can not be ejected under pressure when properly installed.
- High Pressure Performance: Have been used for pipe burst tests in a manufacturing environment. Tests at higher pressure with greater safety, typically to 80% of yield.
- Eliminates Weld Caps: No welding or cutting required. Speeds fabrication testing, reducing test times up to 80%.
- Engineered Seal Design: Reduces seal wear for long lasting performance.
- Optional High Pressure Pipe Cap: Plugs can be used in solid or ported configurations.
- Positioning Washer: Prevents plug loss in pipe end, and eliminates plug lock-up after hydro test, common with inferior plug designs.
- Retaining Spring: Assures retraction of gripper segments. Superior to O-ring design.
- Easy to Maintain: Replacement seals and grippers readily available and easy to replace.
- Optional Seals: Viton®, Silicone, EPDM.
- Quality Assurance System: Manufactured under a Quality Assurance Program certified to ISO 9001:2000 and several U.S. nuclear industry standards including ANSI N45.2, NQA-1, 10CFR 50 Appendix B, and 10CFR 21.