GripTight Reverse Pressure Test Plugs
Eliminate concerns over inadequate joint strength when pressure testing welded flange connections.
Available for pipe sizes ranging from 2″ to 12″ (DN50 – DN300). Larger sizes available upon request.
DescriptionReverse Pressure (GTRP) test plugs are the solution to the growing concern over the longitudinal strength of flange-to-pipe welds. By isolating the test area between a test flange and our GTRP plug, the flange-to-pipe weld is subjected to the full radial, hoop, and longitudinal stresses – equivalent to the stresses that would be produced when using a test blind to pressurize the entire piping system. Pressure testing using EST Group’s GTRP can effectively verify the weld integrity providing the user confidence that the flange and weld will properly function when placed into service.
- The plug and test flange act independently of each other so that the weld joint is subjected to real world stresses during pressure testing
- Flange to pipe welds are tested without needing to pressurize the entire system
- Available for pipe sizes ranging from 2″ to 12″ (DN50 – DN300). Larger sizes available upon request.
REVERSE PRESSURE TEST PLUG : FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Real World Service Conditions – Provides a solution where the weld joint is subjected to 100% of the hydrotest stress – radial, hoop and longitudinal Test simulates.
- Sizes from 2″ through 14″ NPS from stock – larger or smaller sizes available.
- High Performance – Working pressures to 2,250 psig (154 Barg) – higher pressures available
- Safer – Uses proven GripTight – self gripping action
- Reduce Cost – Uses a minimal amount of water per test