High Expansion, Light Duty, Abrasion Resistant Inflatable Pipe Plugs
High Expansion Inflatable Pipe Plugs allow easy placement by one man. Flexibility allows Multi-Size plugs to navigate through small hot tap or branch pipe into large pipeline; then inflate with air or water.
Typically used for plugging or testing of pipelines especially when there is small-restricted access. The Light duty Multi-size plug is the most flexible plug on the market; it has the greatest multi-size range and will conform to almost any pipe configuration. The small-deflated diameter and flexibility allows insertion and removal through a manhole for plugging otherwise inaccessible pipelines.
No shelf rot like rubber plugs.
Light duty inflatable plugs are widely use to block the pipe end to prevent debris from entering the pipe, foreign material exclusion or as a night caps or seasonal blocking of pipe and ducting.
Abrasion resistant Inflatable Pipe plugs feature a ballistic outer layer of a natural rubber or nitrile bladder.
High Expansion Inflatable Pipe Plug chart
Inflatable Bladders and Inflatable Bungs Features:
Inflatable Bladders made of Natural rubber and covered with Ballistic Nylon.
- High Strength Flexible Materials: Inflatable Bungs are generally made from Natural Rubber bladder covered with Ballistic Nylon overlay – many other materials available. Plugs with Nirtile bladder material is also available.
- Multi-Size plugs or Inflatable stoppers may be used in any pipeline larger than the deflated diameter. Allow for some seepage in smaller size pipelines
- Most sizes are available with shipment within 1-3 days.
- Light Weight: Allows one person insertion for most sizes and applications.
- Diver Friendly: Inflatable stoppers have small deflated size allows removal of air for easier insertion under water.
- Higher Head Pressure: All inflation pressure is applied to the inside wall of the pipe through the Inflatable plug. Molded rubber plugs require much of the inflation pressure just to expand the plug.
- Flexibility: Deflated plug easily navigates bends and small openings. A 72” Multi-Flex™ plug may be inserted through a 7” opening!
- Custom Configurations: Custom Flexible and Rigid Plugs have been manufactured for many high temperature and severe chemical applications.
- We ship to anywhere in USA, Canada and beyond.