Inflatable Plugs – Medium Duty Bladders
Inflatable Medium Duty Bladders.
Available with and without bypass.
Most sizes permit easy placement by one man. Flexibility allows Multi-Flex plugs to navigate through small hot tap or branch pipe into large pipeline. Plugs can be inflated with air or water.Medium Duty plugs are typically used for plugging or testing of pipelines, especially when there is small-restricted access. The Multi-Size plug is the most flexible plug on the market.
It has the greatest multi-size range and will conform to almost any pipe configuration. The small-deflated diameter and flexibility allows insertion and removal through a manhole for plugging otherwise inaccessible pipelines. It is also used as a semi permanent valve to isolate hazardous waste spills. The bladder is made of Nitrile, which is reinforced by ballistic nylon outer ply. This design provides a long life and an excellent seal for testing. No shelf rot like rubber plugs.
Download our Product Selection chart below.
- High Strength Flexible Materials: The bladder is made of Nitrile, which is reinforced by ballistic nylon outer ply. The bladders offer excellent hydrocarbon resistance – many other materials available and have connections for water or air inflation. Bladders made from Butyl rubber are available. For high puncture resistance and toughness we supply bladders with Kevlar Outer layer. For specific applications we supply different bladder materials such as EPDM or Viton.
- Multi-Size plugs may be used in any pipeline larger than the deflated diameter. When using plugs in smaller than rated maximum diameter, allow for some seepage.
- Most sizes are available for prompt shipment.
- Light Weight: Allows one person insertion for most sizes and applications.
- Diver Friendly: Small deflated size allows removal of air for easier insertion under water.
- Higher Head Pressure: All inflation pressure is applied to the inside wall of the pipe through the Multi-Size plug. Molded rubber plugs require much of the inflation pressure just to expand the plug.
- Flexibility: Deflated Multi-Size plug easily navigates bends and small openings. A 72” Multi-Size plug may be inserted through a 10” opening!
- Custom Configurations: Custom Flexible and Rigid Plugs have been manufactured for many high temperature and severe chemical applications.