MiniMag XM Pipe Cutting Machine
Mini-MAG XM is capable of cutting 6″ (153mm) pipes and larger from the outside, and 24″ (610mm) pipes and larger from the inside. The machine will cut 16″ (406mm) pipes and larger parallel to the pipe centerline. Mini-MAG XM’s rare earth magnets hold the machine to the material with an astounding 300lbs (136kg) of magnetic force. It is designed for cutting thicker pipe coatings and heavier wall thicknesses and may be used for welding applications. Mini-MAG XM is designed for pipes having a wall thickness from .250 to 3” (6.4mm to 76mm) with coatings up to 0.015″ (.4mm) thick. Mini-MAG XM has all of the outstanding features of the MagnaCut XM except for the Electronic Torch Arm. The cutting torch of the Mini-MAG XM moves backward and forward instead by means of a manually rotated rack with knob. Mini-MAG XM is capable of cutting both horizontal and vertical pipe and plate. The Mini-MAG XM is equipped with guide rollers for use with 1″ x 1″ x 1/8″ (25mm x 25mm x 3mm) angle iron or the MagnaCut XM Guide Strip for vertical cutting. A Guide Strip is recommended when using the Mini-MAG XM to cut pipes 18″ (457mm) and larger to improve cutting accuracy.
Welding with the Mini-MAG XM
Many companies have gained a decisive advantage by using the Mini-MAG XM as a tractor for a machine welding torch for long tedious horizontal stringer welds. The machine is available with a rack adjustable torch holder for a 1 3/8 inch (35mm) machine torch with 32 pitch or a metric torch rack. The Mini-MAG XM can propel the welding torch at speeds from 2″ to 40″ (51mm to 1016mm) per minute depending on the welding source, gas mixture, and deposition rate.
- VERSATILE—Bevels plate and pipe at angles to 45º.
- MINIMUM SET-UP TIME— Just strap on and begin cutting!
- ADAPTABLE—Can be used with oxy/fuel or plasma machine torches having a 1 3/8″ (35mm) barrel diameter.
- ELIMINATES the need for more than one machine for different pipe and plate sizes.
- The Mini-MAG XM is equipped with guides that can be used with 1″ X 1″ X 1/8″ (125mm x 125mm x 3mm) angle iron for vertical (up or down) welding applications.