OD GripTight Test Plug
Quick and Safely Test Open or Plain End Pipe and Tube by Sealing the O.D.
- Operating Pressures to 5,000 psi (343 Bar)
- 1/4″ to 3″ ANSI Pipe Sizes 1/2″ to 3- 1/2″ Tube Sizes
- Metric Pipe and Tubing Sizes Available
DescriptionThe O.D. GripTight® uses self-gripping, self-sealing feature in combination with a dual seal mechanism to provide unparalleled speed and safety in hydro-testing. Conventional hydro-testing plugs grip and seal along the I.D. of the pipe or tube. EST’s O.D. GripTight design grips and seals along the pipe O.D. Since pipe O.D.’s are constant one O.D. plug often replaces several different sizes of I.D. sealing plugs providing an economic advantage and lower inventory. The O.D. GripTight has proven to be so simple to operate and maintain that it has been adopted by the U.S. Navy as a primary component in their new Damage Control product named the Pipe Jumper Hose System (PJHS).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Dual Seal Mechanism: Patented design allows the bore of the sealing element to be larger than the pipe O.D during installation. This prevents damage to the seal by sharp edges or burrs on the end of the pipe.
- Easy Installation and Removal: Slip the plug over the end of the pipe, tighten by hand or simple spanner wrenches, pressurize and begin testing. When testing is complete, relieve pressure, loosen plug and slide off the end of the pipe. Spring-loaded Gripper Sets release, easily preventing the plug from becoming stuck on the pipe.
- Lightweight: Lightweight aircraft aluminum construction; hardened grippers and urethane / buna-n seal element. Easy to Maintain: Replacement Seals and Gripper sets are available and are easily replaced.
- Heavy Duty Construction: High strength aluminum body; hardened grips; Dual Seal mechanism is a combination urethane and buna-n seal elements.
- Super Stock: 1/4″ to 3″ ANSI pipe sizes available. For availability of 1/2″ to 3-1/2″ tube sizes and metric pipe sizes from DN 8 to DN 80 – Contact factory.
- Quality Assurance System: Manufactured under a Quality Assurance Program certified to ISO 9001 and several U.S. nuclear industry standards including ANSI N45.2, NQA-1, 10CFR 50 Appendix B, and 10CFR 21.
- Easy to Maintain: Proven to be so simple to operate and maintain that it has been adopted by the U.S. Navy as a primary component in their new Damage Control.