When using Clamps, Spacing Wedges enable better fit-up of pipe ends. Wedges are used to create precise weld gap. Simply move the pipe ends together, mount and tighten the chain clamp or cage Clamp and spread the gap to the desired width using the Spacing Wedge.
The wedge portion is case hardened for long life, while the upper part of the Wedge is soft enough to prevent splintering.
- Quickly obtain exact weld gap
- Maximum thickness of 1/4″
- Tapers to a chiseled point
- Special process hardens steel; will not bend or mushroom
- Hard-wearing and precision machined
Three popular sizes :
|D271||8″ x 1 1/2″ x 1/4″ (203 mm x 38 mm x 6.4 mm)|
|D272||3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ x 1/4″ (89 mm x 38 mm x 6.4 mm)|
|D274||4″ x 3/4″ x 1/4″ (102 mm x 19 mm x 6.4 mm)|
Also ask us about our Stepped Wedge and Gauge – An efficient and accurate way of fitting Pipes and Fittings.
Please click on the link below.